atom feed6 messages in com.yahoogroups.gsoapRE: [gsoap] hostname mismatch
FromSent OnAttachments
nnandini8Jun 12, 2006 4:36 pm
Ambarish MitraJun 12, 2006 9:22 pm
nandiniJun 12, 2006 10:21 pm
nnandini8Jun 12, 2006 10:50 pm
Ambarish MitraJun 12, 2006 11:16 pm
Ambarish MitraJun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Subject:RE: [gsoap] hostname mismatch
From:Ambarish Mitra (amba@yahoo.invalid)
Date:Jun 13, 2006 10:21:54 pm
List:com.yahoogroups.gsoap

It should be SOAP_SSL_NO_AUTHENTICATION in the second argument of soap_ssl_client_context. This will disable the authentication. Please note the security implications of this action. SSL protocol mandates server authentication (client authn is optional) - therefore, turning off server authentication in production code is not advised.

Let me know if this helped. If you have further questions, let me know.

I am also struggling with the gSOAP implementation of WS-* standards. In this area, gSOAP is a bit weak. Is there any other standard library/sdk for SOAP with WS-* standards that anyone knows of?

-----Original Message----- From: gso@yahoogroups.com [mailto:gso@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of nandini Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:52 AM To: gso@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE: [gsoap] hostname mismatch

Hey Ambarish, Thanks for the help. Did u mean SOAP_SSL_DEFAULT insteas of DEFAULT do i need to use NONE for example SOAP_SSL_NONE i tried to use this but i got the following error sslclient.cpp:54: error: 'SOAP_SSL_NONE' was not declared in this scope

Thanks NAndini

Ambarish Mitra
<ambarish_mitra@jIytBt9fRDPMfRzmgqN1c25fWQPAErH0y-f-TJ0wFJg4QG1rnQbKCkfQF90bnncTI5OHyJZbOQwkr1NwJaTpa1g4fhjBTZoGTXc.yahoo.invalid>
wrote:

Cause: The CN of the cert shoudl match with the server host name.

How to fix: Either generate a cert with the CN equal to server host name, OR, in the call soap_ssl_client_context, make the first argument as NONE instead of the current DEFAULT (i believe you have used default).

Let us know if this helps.

-----Original Message----- From: gso@yahoogroups.com [mailto:gso@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of nnandini8 Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:07 AM To: gso@yahoogroups.com Subject: [gsoap] hostname mismatch

Hi all, when I am executing example/ssl I am getting the following error

SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client [no subcode] "SSL error" Detail: SSL certificate host name mismatch in tcp_connect()

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Nandini

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Stay connected with your friends even when away from PC. Link: http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/new/messenger/