|rmar...@galdosinc.com||Sep 21, 2004 3:41 pm|
|Farrukh Najmi||Sep 21, 2004 5:06 pm|
|Richard Martell||Sep 22, 2004 12:59 pm|
|Farrukh Najmi||Sep 22, 2004 1:10 pm|
|Richard Martell||Sep 22, 2004 5:42 pm|
|Farrukh Najmi||Sep 29, 2004 5:10 am|
|Breininger, Kathryn R||Sep 29, 2004 9:01 am|
|Farrukh Najmi||Sep 29, 2004 9:17 am|
|Subject:||Re: [regrep] Groups - patch-rim-query.txt uploaded|
|From:||Farrukh Najmi (Farr...@Sun.COM)|
|Date:||Sep 21, 2004 5:06:14 pm|
Here is my attempt to summarize your changes to rim.xsd and query.xsd for those that are new to diff -u format:
1. Makes AdhocQueryRequest more OO and extensible: -It allows an AdhocQueryRequest to carry any sub-type of AdhocQueryType (before it was explicitly SQLQuery or FilterQuery -Eliminates use of choice (a poor choice in XML Schema design IMO) in AdhocQueryRequest
2. Fixes inconsistency in how BooleanClause was written.
3. Added Module is a sub-type of RegistryPackage with no additional specialization
Here are some questions and comments:
1. Makes AdhocQueryRequest more OO and extensible:
I think the changes you propose to rim.xsd and query.xsd indeed do fix some systemic issues with our schema w.r.t QuerySchema and I am supportive of the direction of the changes. I do not know XML schema well enough to understand the syntax used in StoredQueryType and QueryExpressionType. Can you send an annotated version of just those two types? That would be a big help.
2. Good idea, though I caution that there may many inconsistencies and other issues in query.xsd in the FilterQuery schema. My position is that we should not change FilterQuery schema dramatically as I feel that we should obsolete it someday and replace qith XQuery. Until then I would like to make only safe and backward compatible changes to filter query. I believe this one qualifies as that so I +1 it.
3. I am still not sure about Modules and would like to hold opinions until I have done my homework.
Others please share you thoughts on Richard's good work here. Thanks.
The document patch-rim-query.txt has been submitted by Richard Martell (rmar...@galdosinc.com) to the OASIS ebXML Registry TC document repository.
Document Description: This patch file (unified diff format) includes all schema changes pertaining to the following proposals I recently posted: generic stored queries, extension modules, and the 'geo' module. These changes are backward-compatible with the latest schema revisions in CVS.
View Document Details: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/document.php?document_id=9358
PLEASE NOTE: If the above links do not work for you, your email application may be breaking the link into two pieces. You may be able to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgroup.php.
-- Regards, Farrukh