For starters, it is not appropriate to run benchmarks using a debug build. Debug builds do a lot of extra stuff to facilitate debugging. This will cause the performance to degrade significantly. Performance should be measured on an optimized production build (i.e. non-debug) because that is what will be deployed in the real world. Debug builds are only use for development.
Apart from that, please answer a few questions to clarify things:
1. What version of phoneME Advanced are you using?
2. What target platform did you build phoneME Advanced for?
3. What build options did you use?
4. What benchmark code did you use as the basis of your comparison?
5. Please describe the conditions of how you ran the benchmark. For example:
- was it on a quiet machine?
- is there networking involved?
- how long does the benchmark runs for?
- what does the benchmark measure?
- if relevant, how much memory is the VM and your C equivalent allowed to use?
- what is the amount of free memory availability on your system?
- how did you get the C equivalent benchmark?
I may have more questions depending on your answers. I will need to know more info on what you actually did before I can tell whether the performance difference you saw is real, or due to a mistake.
[Message sent by forum member 'mlam' (mlam)]