atom feed4 messages in com.redhat.nahant-beta-listRe: system-config-soundcard?
FromSent OnAttachments
Thomas CameronOct 25, 2004 2:21 pm
Marc WallmanOct 25, 2004 2:30 pm
Thomas CameronOct 26, 2004 7:48 am
Marc WallmanOct 26, 2004 7:57 am
Subject:Re: system-config-soundcard?
From:Marc Wallman (Marc@ndsu.nodak.edu)
Date:Oct 26, 2004 7:57:15 am
List:com.redhat.nahant-beta-list

Thomas Cameron wrote:

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 16:30, Marc Wallman wrote:

Thomas Cameron wrote:

Anyone else having a traceback with this command in nahant?

This has been fixed in a newer release.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/system-config-soundcard-1.2.10-1.src.rpm

...or try a mirror.

Yeah, I knew that there were "better" things in the FC tree but I was wondering if these issues were being addressed directly in RHEL 4. I understand the relationship between RHEL 4 and FC, I was just not sure if the bugfixes were going to be handled as an actual RHEL 4 update instead of a FC update.

I opened a bug for this in bugzilla (which I can't seem to find now...maybe I was dreaming??). Someone from Red Hat indicated it this package would be merged into RHEL v4 in the future. Maybe someone from Red Hat can confirm that this is accurate??

FYI, I opened the bug because I thought my sound card wasn't working and I was unable to run the config utility. After MUCH fiddling with the mixer in KDE, I found that somehow the volume settings were just so low that I couldn't hear anything. The volume settings seemed to behave differently than they did for me under RHEL v3 where I was running a KDE 3.3 that I built myself.

Good luck!