atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] Re: Config files
FromSent OnAttachments
Barry HensleySep 30, 2002 8:42 am
Sam VarshavchikSep 30, 2002 2:36 pm
Subject:[courier-users] Re: Config files
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Sep 30, 2002 2:36:02 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Barry Hensley writes:

Environment: Linux 7.3, Postfix 1.1.11-7 w/ MailDirs, Courier-Imap 1.5.3

After doing "make install" and "make install-configure " as root, I have the
courier-imap 1.5.3 installed. Now, I'm trying to get it configured. My book,
Postfix by Richard Blum, suggests that the configuration files are located in
/usr/lib/courier-imap/etc. This book also says that the main config file should
be named imapd.config. I don't have this file. I have imapd.cnf, imapd.dist,
pop3d.cnf, and pop3d.dist, as well as a few others.

Is the book wrong? Did I do something wrong during installation?

The information in the book is slightly outdated.

You must follow the instructions in INSTALL.