|robe...@us.ibm.com||Aug 4, 2009 11:10 am|
|Subject:||[office-comment] office-comment list -- Monthly Administrivia Reminder|
|Date:||Aug 4, 2009 11:10:41 am|
This is the office-comment list <offi...@lists.oasis-open.org>
== Purpose of the List ==
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications TC.
The TC's home page is here: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office
This list is not a support avenue for ODF applications, nor is it a general-purpose discussion list on ODF topics.
== Using the List ==
You can subscribe to the list by following the instructions here: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=office
You can unsubscribe to the list by sending an email to: offi...@lists.oasis-open.org
A searchable archive of the list contents is here: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/
== Submitting a comment ==
When submitting a comment to the list, please follow these guidelines:
1) Indicate clearly in the subject line the nature of your comment, the ODF version to which your comment pertains, and the section number in the specification to which you refer. "Defect", "problem" or "clarification needed" are not good subject lines. But "Missing comma in ODF 1.2 CD02 section 1.2.3" is an example of great comment.
2) If you are proposing a new feature or capability, then make sure that the subject line contains the world "Proposal", such as "Proposal for new spreadsheet function FOO()" or "Double text overline proposal".
3) If you have a desired outcome in mind, then describe what you want to see happen in the body of your comment.
4) Every new comment should be in a new thread. We risk losing track of issues if they are submitted 5 levels deep in a thread.
== What to expect after submitting a comment ==
Comments are of three kinds: those submitted during official Public Reviews, those that are part of ISO/IEC JTC1 defect reports, and all other comments.
1) For comments submitted during a Public Review, we will follow the process defined here: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#publicReview
2) For ISO/IEC JTC1 defect reports, we will follow the process described in our existing agreements with ISO/IEC JTC1.
3) The TC has agreed to consider all submitted comments, regardless of when they were submitted. Although you may not receive an immediate response from the TC, be assured that your comments have been archived on the list, and you can track their resolution via JIRA, as explained below.
== Tracking the resolution of your comment in JIRA ==
The ODF TC uses JIRA for issue tracking. We periodically run automation that transcribes comments from the office-comment list into JIRA. This automation works best when the guidelines described above are followed.
The public can examine the current status of all issues in JIRA here: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/office
To see the status of issues that you have submitted, you can search for your email address in the "Quick Search" box in the upper left.
To find the status of a specific comment from the list, search for the subject line (in quotes).
Some other useful pre-defined searches are listed here: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/ManageFilters.jspa
== Other Useful Lists ==
opendocument-users: an unmoderated, public mail list that provides an open forum for developers to exchange ideas and information on implementing the office OASIS Standard.
You can subscribe here: http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/
There are additional discussion forums hosted at OpenDocument.xml.org here: http://opendocument.xml.org/forum
The ODF TC has its own list for TC member discussion. You can view the archives here: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/
Posting rights on the ODF TC list are a privilege of TC membership. Information on joining OASIS can be found here: http://www.oasis-open.org/join/
-- This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC.
In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required before posting.
Subscribe: offi...@lists.oasis-open.org Unsubscribe: offi...@lists.oasis-open.org List help: offi...@lists.oasis-open.org List archive: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/ Feedback License: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/feedback_license.pdf List Guidelines: http://www.oasis-open.org/maillists/guidelines.php Committee: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office