I heard from someone else, a single system with aio patched lighttpd can do
500Mbps on serving MP3.
I will test to add more workers on my nginx.
On 10/19/06, Igor Sysoev <is-G...@public.gmane.org> wrote:
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Gentoo wrote:
I read this blog
now all web servers are lack of these features
- Persistent connections to FastCGI servers
- Keep alive from Reverse proxy to web server
- Async IO for serving large large files
so I guess if nginx can support those features, it will be cool
I have plan to support persistent connection to proxied and FastCGI
Sorry, it's difficult to me to write in English, so I will be short:
I do not think that AIO support in nginx will add huge perfomance boost
1) You can run 100 worker processes to issue 100 simultaneous disk
IO operations. You can not do it with lighttpd and other single
2) There is no AIO sendfile.
Life is hard