|Subject:||RE: [oic] SVN now live|
|From:||Mary McRae (mary...@oasis-open.org)|
|Date:||Jan 29, 2009 6:36:09 pm|
Sounds perfect Bart!
-----Original Message----- From: Hanssens Bart [mailto:Bart...@fedict.be] Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:03 PM To: mary...@oasis-open.org; oi...@lists.oasis-open.org Subject: RE: [oic] SVN now live
thanks, that was just the tool we've been looking for :-)
Since it's not a replacement for the document repository, I suggest to use SVN to store our test documents (and perhaps results :-) and make a snapshot (zipped) available in the document repository when we're more or less happy about our efforts.
-----Original Message----- From: Mary McRae on behalf of Mary McRae Sent: Thu 1/29/2009 5:52 PM To: oi...@lists.oasis-open.org Subject: [oic] SVN now live
The OASIS SVN installation is now up and running for use by TCs. I am working under the assumption that those that want to use SVN know how to do so; what I know couldn't even fill a thimble. The SVN implementation is tied to Kavi authentication meaning if you use your Kavi login/password you should be able to write; the world should be able to see all files/download them.
This storage does not replace either the Kavi document repository or the OASIS Library at docs.oasis-open.org; it is meant to be used for tracking working documents or code development. The policy for its use follows and is posted on the tools.oasis-open.org page.
I will be making a general announcement to the Chairs list in the next few days; in the meantime please let me know if you experience any problems.
In an effort to accommodate Technical Committees with multiple editors and support the use collaborative authoring/editing tools that are not inherently part of the Kavi application, the following policy is set forth to provide a set of guidelines related to the use of collaborative authoring/editing/versioning system.
This policy includes, but is not limited to, the following:
* wikis located at http://wiki.oasis-open.org
* files located at http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control
* issues lists maintained at http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues
* The site and all of its contents must be publicly viewable/readable by the general public.
* The site and access to all of its contents must not require a login for read-only access.
The TC home page:
* The location (URI) and a brief description must be posted on TC public home page (maintained by the TC Chair and/or Secretary).
* Write access must be provided to all TC Members, Voting Members, Chairs and Secretaries.
* TC Observers and the general public must not be allowed write access.
TC Document Repository (wiki and version control only at this time)
* At least once a month (unless no work has been done), and prior to each TC meeting at which one or more documents will be discussed, a Working Draft of any/all documents must be uploaded to the TC document repository, properly identified according to the Naming Guidelines (links to the non-Kavi system are insufficient)
* All TC member reviews and ballots must be based on a Working Draft as posted to the TC document repository (links to the non-Kavi system are insufficient)
Mary P McRae
Director, Technical Committee Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
web: www.oasis-open.org <http://www.oasis-open.org/>
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php