atom feed3 messages in org.apache.incubator.stanbol-devRe: config param and engines
FromSent OnAttachments
harish suvarnaAug 14, 2012 6:02 pm
florent andréAug 15, 2012 3:28 am
Rupert WestenthalerAug 15, 2012 12:53 pm
Subject:Re: config param and engines
From:Rupert Westenthaler (rupe@gmail.com)
Date:Aug 15, 2012 12:53:50 pm
List:org.apache.incubator.stanbol-dev

Hi harish, all

If you want to manage your Stanbol Configuration not via the Felix Webconsole but via configuration files you can use the "Sling File Provider". The following text is copied from [3]

- - -

You can also use the Sling Maven Plugin [1] or configure the Sling File Provider [2]. As there is no documentation here the needed steps to setup the Sling File Provider

0. Install the "Sling File Provider" Bundle (not needed as this is included by default) 1. Configure the "sling.fileinstall.dir" property: You can add this to the "{stanbol-working-dir}/stanbol/sling.properties file" or parse it as a system property '-Dsling.fileinstall.dir={path-to-dir}' when you start stanbol. 2. Create the referenced Folder

After that the "Sling File Provider" will automatically install/update/delete bundles and configurations added/updated/deleted in that folder.

- - -

I use this for the configuration of the "http://dev.iks-project.eu:8081/" server. as it makes it really easy to upgrade Stanbol as it separates the configuration from the Software.

An other Tip: it is also possible to move the "datafiles" Folder to an other directory by providing a custom configuration for the "org.apache.stanbol.commons.stanboltools.datafileprovider.impl.MainDataFileProvider" component.

I hope this helps Rupert

[1] http://sling.apache.org/site/sling.html [2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/tags/org.apache.sling.installer.provider.file-1.0.2 [3] http://markmail.org/message/rtzkfkz2dml7joey