Somebody was just asking me about options for streaming audio and video
in Pd-extended. I wouldn't mind help with the answer. Here's what I have
gathered so far.
* streamin~ and streamout~ --- but the help patches don't seem to
work in Linux. Seems to work ok in windows.
* netsend~ and netreceive~ --- not provided in pd-extended and
seemed a bit flaky when I tried them before.
* mp3streamin~ and mp3streamout~ --- help patch missing in
pd-extended but seem to work ok outside of Windows.
* mp3cast~ and friends: seems to work ok if you have a shoutcast
* I couldn't find anything in Gem to stream video. Did I miss it? I
was wondering if using pix_pix2sig~, streaming as audio, then
pix_sig2pix~ might work.
* in pdp/pidip there's pdp_i and pdp_o. I didn't find help patches
for these in pd_extended
* also in pdp/pidip there's some other's pdp_mp4live~ etc. I suspect
the ffserver-based ones don't work in pd-extended. Not sure on the
For either audio or video maybe there's a way to send to vlc through the
stdin or stdout, then let vlc do the streaming?