atom feed10 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] delivery to subfo...
FromSent OnAttachments
Wolfgang JeltschNov 28, 2004 3:54 pm
Dew EdihoNov 29, 2004 10:42 am
Wolfgang JeltschNov 29, 2004 11:07 am
Gordon MessmerNov 29, 2004 11:33 am
Wolfgang JeltschNov 29, 2004 12:21 pm
Phillip HutchingsNov 29, 2004 12:55 pm
Malcolm WeirNov 29, 2004 1:37 pm
Gordon MessmerNov 29, 2004 1:41 pm
Dew EdihoNov 29, 2004 6:36 pm
Wolfgang JeltschNov 30, 2004 3:15 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] delivery to subfolders
From:Dew Ediho (ecc@gmail.com)
Date:Nov 29, 2004 6:36:41 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

I think what you're interested in is available through the virtual mailbox as explained in the courier manual.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:14:08 +0100, Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolf@jeltsch.net> wrote:

Am Montag, 29. November 2004 19:40 schrieb Dew Ediho:

did you create Maildir using:

maildirmake command?

the syntax is:

maildirmake /home/me/Maildir

This will create the Maildir folder and the associated sub-folders. Thus mails will be delivered for the me to Maildir.

Hello,

I think you misunderstood me. With "folders" I mean mail folders, not directories (of the filesystem).

Consider the following example. I create a maildir with

maildirmake ~/Maildir.

After this is done, I create a subfolder ABC by entering

maildirmake -f ABC ~/Maildir.

Now how can I tell Courier to deliver mail to the subfolder ABC?

The background of this whole thing is that I want to have IMAP folders like Inbox, Sent and Trash which reside on the same hierarchy level. If I just let Courier direct mail to ~/Maildir and access ~/Maildir with my e-mail client (KMail) via IMAP, I have a top level folder Inbox and all other folders I create are located below Inbox. This is, of course, nonsensical.

Best wishes, Wolfgang