atom feed8 messages in org.apache.incubator.cassandra-userRe: bulk load problem
FromSent OnAttachments
James PirzJun 26, 2012 5:07 pm
Nury RedjepowJun 27, 2012 1:29 am
James PirzJun 27, 2012 10:18 am
aaron mortonJul 2, 2012 4:46 pm
Pushpalanka JayawardhanaJul 9, 2012 2:16 am
Brian JeltemaJul 9, 2012 4:51 am
Yuki MorishitaJul 9, 2012 7:43 am
Pushpalanka JayawardhanaJul 9, 2012 11:56 am
Subject:Re: bulk load problem
From:Brian Jeltema (bria@digitalenvoy.net)
Date:Jul 9, 2012 4:51:04 am
List:org.apache.incubator.cassandra-user

I couldn't get the same-host sstableloader to work either. But it's easier to
use the JMX bulk-load hook that's built into Cassandra anyway. The following is what I implemented to do this:

import java.io.IOException; import java.util.HashMap; import java.util.Map;

import javax.management.JMX; import javax.management.MBeanServerConnection; import javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException; import javax.management.ObjectName; import javax.management.remote.JMXConnector; import javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory; import javax.management.remote.JMXServiceURL;

import org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageServiceMBean;

public class JmxBulkLoader {

private JMXConnector connector; private StorageServiceMBean storageBean;

public JmxBulkLoader(String host, int port) throws Exception { connect(host, port); }

private void connect(String host, int port) throws IOException,
MalformedObjectNameException { JMXServiceURL jmxUrl = new
JMXServiceURL(String.format("service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://%s:%d/jmxrmi", host,
port)); Map<String,Object> env = new HashMap<String,Object>(); connector = JMXConnectorFactory.connect(jmxUrl, env); MBeanServerConnection mbeanServerConn =
connector.getMBeanServerConnection(); ObjectName name = new
ObjectName("org.apache.cassandra.db:type=StorageService"); storageBean = JMX.newMBeanProxy(mbeanServerConn, name,
StorageServiceMBean.class); }

public void close() throws IOException { connector.close(); }

public void bulkLoad(String path) { storageBean.bulkLoad(path); }

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { if (args.length == 0) { throw new IllegalArgumentException("usage: paths to bulk files"); } JmxBulkLoader np = new JmxBulkLoader("localhost", 7199); for (String arg : args) { np.bulkLoad(arg); } np.close(); } }