atom feed3 messages in com.googlegroups.youtube-api-gdataRe: Regarding validation of Video URL.
FromSent OnAttachments
GauravDec 17, 2007 4:28 am
YouTube API GuideDec 18, 2007 5:58 pm
GauravJan 3, 2008 9:36 pm
Subject:Re: Regarding validation of Video URL.
From:YouTube API Guide (yout@youtube.com)
Date:Dec 18, 2007 5:58:52 pm
List:com.googlegroups.youtube-api-gdata

Hi Gaurav,

If you just want to do a quick sanity check, this regex basically covers the format: [a-zA-Z0-9_-]{11}

If you actually need to see if the video is live and available, you can try: http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/VIDEO_ID

It will return HTTP status 200 if it's live and available, 404 otherwise.

Cheers,

Steph