atom feed5 messages in com.yahoogroups.gsoapRe: "TCP error 0" Detail: TCP get hos...
FromSent OnAttachments
mcsubaOct 31, 2007 5:34 am
mcsubaOct 31, 2007 5:55 am
Peter DartonOct 31, 2007 7:26 am
mcsubaOct 31, 2007 9:19 am
Peter DartonOct 31, 2007 9:58 am
Subject:Re: "TCP error 0" Detail: TCP get host by name failed in tcp_connect()
From:mcsuba (mcs@yahoo.invalid)
Date:Oct 31, 2007 9:19:04 am
List:com.yahoogroups.gsoap

I did a nslookup in my unix box and gave me ip address that is nslookup abc.xyz.com gave me 10.10.10.10

--- In gso@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Darton" <peterd@...> wrote:

I am getting this error "TCP error 0" Detail: TCP get host by name failed in tcp_connect()

That'll be because "abc.xyz.com" isn't resolving to the IP address 10.10.10.10. Probably because abc.xyz.com is a made up hostname that your DNS server doesn't recognise, so when gSOAP asks the operating system to look up "abc.xyz.com", the OS asks the DNS server what IP address corresponds to "abc.xyz.com" and the DNS server says "there is no such name, sorry", hence "get host by name" (i.e. look up the IP address of a host using the name of the host) fails as there is no such name.

Was there a good reason why you expected "abc.xyz.com" to work, e.g. do you think you've taken steps to ensure that this name will resolve to 10.10.10.10?

_____________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business