atom feed39 messages in org.mozilla.lists.marketingRe: About Linux support at marketplace
FromSent OnAttachments
Rubén MartínMay 8, 2012 1:08 pm
Rubén MartínMay 8, 2012 1:36 pm
Rubén MartínMay 8, 2012 4:44 pm
Daniel MillsMay 8, 2012 5:11 pm
Percy CabelloMay 8, 2012 5:28 pm
Rubén MartínMay 8, 2012 5:28 pm
fabi...@gmail.comMay 8, 2012 6:06 pm
pascalcMay 8, 2012 6:49 pm
Bill WalkerMay 8, 2012 7:08 pm
Rodrigo GarciaMay 8, 2012 7:18 pm
Alex JordanMay 8, 2012 7:32 pm
chris hofmannMay 8, 2012 7:44 pm
Rodrigo GarciaMay 8, 2012 7:44 pm
Alex JordanMay 8, 2012 7:54 pm
Jason SmithMay 8, 2012 9:02 pm
Ragavan SrinivasanMay 8, 2012 9:09 pm
Rodrigo GarciaMay 8, 2012 9:09 pm
raga...@gmail.comMay 8, 2012 9:16 pm
Patrick FinchMay 9, 2012 12:52 am
NukeadorMay 9, 2012 1:21 am
Pascal ChevrelMay 9, 2012 2:24 am
Percy CabelloMay 9, 2012 5:13 am
chris hofmannMay 9, 2012 7:26 am
Patrick FinchMay 9, 2012 7:34 am
Rubén MartínMay 9, 2012 1:10 pm
Majken ConnorMay 9, 2012 2:58 pm
Asa DotzlerMay 9, 2012 3:14 pm
Santiago HollmannMay 9, 2012 4:16 pm
Rubén MartínMay 9, 2012 4:57 pm
Brendan EichMay 9, 2012 5:05 pm
Jame...@googlemail.comMay 11, 2012 12:00 pm
Daniel MillsMay 11, 2012 7:48 pm
James Michael DupontMay 11, 2012 11:10 pm
Mike DupontMay 12, 2012 1:39 am
Mike DupontMay 12, 2012 5:27 am
Rubén MartínMay 14, 2012 8:20 am
NukeadorMay 15, 2012 6:34 am
chris hofmannMay 15, 2012 7:47 am
MarcoMay 16, 2012 12:32 pm
Subject:Re: About Linux support at marketplace
From:Brendan Eich (bren@mozilla.org)
Date:May 9, 2012 5:05:48 pm
List:org.mozilla.lists.marketing

Thanks for bringing this up. I think it's an avoidable conflict, because we have an owner for the bug to implement on Linux. The prioritization may be ok for a staged release. The "nice-to-have" wording was regrettable.

Indeed the whole apps, marketplace and web runtime plan is too large to do at one step, or even with platform parity at the first step. That does not mean we give up our cross-platform commitments.

We support Linux as you say, because of our cross-platform principles first, and because of lead users in the Linux community and among our top Gecko hackers. There's a nexus: B2G is based on Linux and Gecko, but of course without any Linux desktop (and without X-Windows. This is a good thing!).

My two cents,

/be