atom feed1 message in org.apache.roller.user[ANNOUNCE] Apache Roller 5.1 Released
FromSent OnAttachments
Glen MazzaAug 25, 2014 12:07 pm
Subject:[ANNOUNCE] Apache Roller 5.1 Released
From:Glen Mazza (gma@apache.org)
Date:Aug 25, 2014 12:07:15 pm
List:org.apache.roller.user

Hi all, Apache Roller 5.1 is now available. Our JIRA lists 113 closed issues with this release (https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310906&version=12317621), perhaps about as many others were also fixed without a JIRA report to them.

It is primarily an internal architecture update, with seldom-used or obsolete functionality and code pulled out of Roller to make the application more streamlined and maintainable. We also upgraded virtually all of Roller's dependencies, either removing them or updating them to the latest available. We also upgraded and simplified the Maven build process. While providing the same basic functionality, Roller 5.1 is a considerably leaner application that builds in roughly a quarter of the time than the 5.0.x series.

The themes in Roller-extras (https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/roller-extras/wiki/Themes) that you can add to your Roller installation have also been updated to Roller 5.1 compatibility.

The downloads are available here: http://roller.apache.org/downloads/downloads.html, and instructions on upgrading from earlier versions of Roller to the latest are in the Roller Install Guide. IMPORTANT: For those upgrading their Roller instances, be sure to back up your current Roller database prior to doing the upgrade in case you need to roll back to your original version of Roller, as the Roller 5.1 upgrade process makes irreversible database modifications as part of updating the database to the Roller 5.1 data model.

The Roller User's list remains available for any upgrade questions.

Regards,

Apache Roller Team