atom feed95 messages in org.blender.bf-committersRe: [Bf-committers] Collada importer/...
FromSent OnAttachments
Sergey SharybinJan 4, 2012 11:57 am
Thomas DingesJan 4, 2012 12:07 pm
Nathan LetworyJan 4, 2012 12:12 pm
Peter AmstutzJan 4, 2012 1:34 pm
KnappJan 4, 2012 1:42 pm
Tobias KummerJan 4, 2012 6:45 pm
Campbell BartonJan 4, 2012 7:56 pm
Sergey SharybinJan 4, 2012 11:59 pm
Domino MaramaJan 5, 2012 3:51 am
Brecht Van LommelJan 5, 2012 2:27 pm
Domino MaramaJan 5, 2012 2:54 pm
Ton RoosendaalJan 6, 2012 2:58 am
Gaia ClaryJan 6, 2012 3:41 am
Sergey SharybinJan 6, 2012 3:48 am
Thomas DingesJan 6, 2012 3:51 am
Campbell BartonJan 6, 2012 4:07 am
KnappJan 6, 2012 10:51 am
Morten MikkelsenJan 6, 2012 12:20 pm
Francesco ZoffoliJan 6, 2012 4:03 pm
skotiJan 6, 2012 5:11 pm
Morten MikkelsenJan 6, 2012 5:34 pm
Przemyslaw GolabJan 7, 2012 12:40 am
Ton RoosendaalJan 7, 2012 3:30 am
skotiJan 7, 2012 5:03 am
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 6:49 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 7:06 am
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 7:38 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 7:49 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 7:51 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 8:22 am
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 8:29 am
Domino MaramaJan 7, 2012 9:03 am
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 9:07 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 9:10 am
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 9:23 am
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 9:46 am
skotiJan 7, 2012 10:15 am
Gaia ClaryJan 7, 2012 10:34 am
KnappJan 7, 2012 10:34 am
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 11:15 am
Alexandr KuznetsovJan 7, 2012 11:32 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 12:04 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 12:06 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 12:08 pm
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 12:13 pm
Sergey KurdakovJan 7, 2012 12:31 pm
SebastianJan 7, 2012 1:22 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 2:33 pm
47 later messages
Subject:Re: [Bf-committers] Collada importer/exporter kickout
From:Ton Roosendaal (to@blender.org)
Date:Jan 7, 2012 3:30:02 am
List:org.blender.bf-committers

Hi,

I realize the proposal was harsh, but it was meant as a public statement as well
(to khronos, opencollada team, etc). I don't want to blame it on the hard
working devs here. We do have collada IO work at some level, and that has been
proven useful in several cases. The job is just incredible hard to achieve.

To move forward:

- userts who successfully applied .dae could also check whether another exchange
format would have done the job as good. Tried FBX?

- note that for basic mesh (+uv) export, a quite simple script could do the job
already. It is probably a few days job for a py scripter.

- we are currently including about 100 MB of opencollada libs to make a feature
work that's meant to be able to exchange (I+O) full shots or game environments,
with character animation and so on. That's what Collada was designed for, and
that's a target we can't support.

-Ton-