atom feed6 messages in Problems using OSGi Administratio...
FromSent OnAttachments
benn...@id.ethz.chMar 1, 2011 9:51 am
SahooMar 1, 2011 10:07 am
Paul M Davies (Oracle)Mar 1, 2011 10:16 am.gif, .gif
Snjezana Sevo-ZenzerovicMar 1, 2011 11:22 am
Snjezana Sevo-ZenzerovicMar 1, 2011 11:26 am
Luthiger Stoll BennoMar 2, 2011 6:48 am
Subject:Re: Problems using OSGi Administration Console in GlassFish 3.1
From:Sahoo (
Date:Mar 1, 2011 10:07:03 am

In the final build of 3.1, we had to disable fileinstall bundle which is responsible for autostarting bundles placed in modules/autostart as well as autodeploy/bundles. So, you need to enable fileinstall bundle to get the desired functionality. There is a system property called org.glassfish.additionalOSGiBundlesToStart in domain.xml that contains a list of additional bundles to be started by glassfish. One has to add org.apache.felix.fileinstall there. Here are a few ways to do it:

Option #1: You can delete the property and create it again using following asadmin commands: asadmin delete-jvm-options --target server-config,org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime,,org.apache.felix.gogo.command

asadmin create-jvm-options --target server-config,org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime,,org.apache.felix.gogo.command,,org.apache.felix.fileinstall

Option #2: You can use GlassFish Admin Console to edit the jvm-option.

Option #3: You can edit the domain.xml directly.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This has been fixed in trunk. If there is a release off 3.1 branch, it will be fixed there as well.