atom feed20 messages in org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev[DISCUSS][INFRA] Setting up gerrit
FromSent OnAttachments
Alex HuangFeb 8, 2013 11:06 am
Chip ChildersFeb 8, 2013 11:09 am
Anthony XuFeb 8, 2013 11:11 am
David NalleyFeb 8, 2013 11:51 am
Rohit YadavFeb 8, 2013 8:22 pm
Hugo TrippaersFeb 9, 2013 9:32 am
Pranav SaxenaFeb 9, 2013 11:48 am
John KinsellaFeb 9, 2013 2:31 pm
Alex KarasuluFeb 10, 2013 3:54 am
Joe BrockmeierFeb 11, 2013 8:04 am
Rohit YadavFeb 11, 2013 8:58 am
Chip ChildersFeb 11, 2013 8:49 pm
Leif GruenwoldtFeb 13, 2013 12:05 pm
Prasanna SanthanamFeb 14, 2013 1:42 am
Chiradeep VittalFeb 14, 2013 2:07 pm
Prasanna SanthanamFeb 14, 2013 9:18 pm
Ahmad EmneinaFeb 14, 2013 9:27 pm
Chip ChildersFeb 19, 2013 8:19 am
Dave CahillFeb 21, 2013 10:35 pm
Rohit YadavFeb 21, 2013 10:38 pm
Subject:[DISCUSS][INFRA] Setting up gerrit
From:Alex Huang (Alex@citrix.com)
Date:Feb 8, 2013 11:06:14 am
List:org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev

Hi everyone,

I like to propose that we setup gerrit as the review mechanism. Here are my
reasons

- Committer status in Apache is a reflection of one's commitment to the
community, not a reflection of understanding of code. So to me just because you
have committer status shouldn't mean code does not need review. Chip's been
doing a great job monitoring the merges and commits but one person handling all
that just means things will slip through. - This also has the side effect of contributors' code contribution to be treated
as a second class citizen with delays in reviews because review is not common
place within our community. - Direct commits have to be reverted if there are -1 votes, directly impacting
the time and effort of the code contributor.

It makes a lot of sense to make code commit and review a normal process in the
CloudStack Community.

--Alex