atom feed6 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-auditRe: New du functionality by newbie - ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Joachim StrömbergsonApr 20, 2001 9:37 am.diff
Brooks DavisApr 20, 2001 10:00 am
Peter PentchevApr 21, 2001 6:04 am
Joachim StrömbergsonApr 21, 2001 3:06 pm
Sue BlakeApr 21, 2001 5:01 pm
Peter PentchevApr 22, 2001 4:30 am
Subject:Re: New du functionality by newbie - audit and comments?
From:Sue Blake (su@welearn.com.au)
Date:Apr 21, 2001 5:01:49 pm
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-audit

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 12:06:28AM +0200, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

Aloha!

Ahem... oops!

It looks like I made a pretty nice fool out of myslf with my posting. The "newbie" label was obviously correct though.

But you (all) achieved more than you realise.

Nobody knew I was here. I saw you make a big mistake, I saw you corrected politely, I saw you say OK and look at other ways to help. Next time I'm afraid to offer something, I will remember your story and I will be encouraged to go ahead and try my best.

There could be hundreds of others, silent like me, who are encouraged by your story. Some of them will become the people who take FreeBSD into tomorrow. Thank you for helping others to feel comfortable.

[No need to reply, but if you want more list discussion we should move it to freebsd-chat]

--

Regards, -*Sue*-