atom feed6 messages in com.googlegroups.dotnetdevelopmentRe: Access to the port 'COM9' is denied
FromSent OnAttachments
Nilantha EkanayakeMay 19, 2007 10:41 pm
sriram reddyMay 20, 2007 5:18 am
NilaMay 21, 2007 10:19 pm
sriram reddyMay 22, 2007 3:50 am
NilaMay 22, 2007 9:29 pm
NilaMay 28, 2007 12:29 am
Subject:Re: Access to the port 'COM9' is denied
From:sriram reddy (srir@gmail.com)
Date:May 22, 2007 3:50:53 am
List:com.googlegroups.dotnetdevelopment

Hi,

First of all did you try other COM ports. Why dont you try COM1 or 2 may be those works.

I didnt see any errors in the code and i compiled in my PC fine and reading my COM2 as i dont have COM9.

If you want to achive this much simple.

Dragh and drop the SerialPort controle from your Visual studio toolbox and set all properties as you want.

then to the code page of the win Form you instantiated the control and do some thing like this.

intializeComponenets() //this will be generated by your windows form designer

MyserialPort.Open;

if (MyserialPort.Isopen) { // your event on data receive on Myserialport also you can use a timer object to tick every sec and grab the data from Port buffer //as GPS receiver puls one in every sec intervel

// then you read a line Myserialport.readline(); // GPS receiver place a line terminator after every pull by default // then log int your file or desplay the position on you co-ordinates

}

let em know if you need full code for receiving loging and displaying on given co-ordinates.

sriram