atom feed18 messages in com.googlegroups.vim_useRe: Binary files, noeol, and other su...
FromSent OnAttachments
AaronOct 24, 2006 8:01 am
A.J.MechelynckOct 24, 2006 8:57 am
AaronOct 24, 2006 9:06 am
Yakov LernerOct 24, 2006 9:26 am
Bram MoolenaarOct 24, 2006 9:27 am
A.J.MechelynckOct 24, 2006 9:36 am
AaronOct 24, 2006 9:38 am
AaronOct 24, 2006 9:51 am
Gary JohnsonOct 24, 2006 10:08 am
A.J.MechelynckOct 24, 2006 10:10 am
Marvin RenichOct 24, 2006 10:11 am
AaronOct 24, 2006 10:13 am
AaronOct 24, 2006 10:25 am
A.J.MechelynckOct 24, 2006 10:35 am
Matthew WinnOct 25, 2006 3:24 am
Yakov LernerOct 25, 2006 5:17 am
VigilOct 26, 2006 2:42 am
VigilOct 26, 2006 2:49 am
Subject:Re: Binary files, noeol, and other such things.
From:Marvin Renich (mr@renich.org)
Date:Oct 24, 2006 10:11:26 am
List:com.googlegroups.vim_use

* Aaron <aar@thebailiwick.com> [061024 12:51]:

Then it's no surprise that Windows text editors follow the "theoretical" and probably broken approach, while the Unix ones do things the way they've always been done.

Thanks for weighing in on this one, Bram.

Well, I never heard of "line separator" until people started trying to explain the broken behavior, and I've been around computers for a long time. I think the "theoretical" and "practical" are the same in this case, and the "broken" is just that! :-P

...Marvin