atom feed6 messages in org.apache.roller.devDave's Roller 5.0 status
FromSent OnAttachments
DaveSep 20, 2009 11:49 am
Anil GangolliSep 20, 2009 2:56 pm
wdaogangSep 20, 2009 8:48 pm
wdaogangSep 20, 2009 8:58 pm
Ajay...@cummins.comSep 23, 2009 12:57 am
DaveSep 28, 2009 9:20 pm
Subject:Dave's Roller 5.0 status
From:Dave (snoo@gmail.com)
Date:Sep 20, 2009 11:49:32 am
List:org.apache.roller.dev

I've been doing some weekend and evening work on Roller 5.0 to get it ready for release. Ganesh and Tanuja did great work on the new Media Blogging features, but there were a couple of significant pieces missing such as data migration and I18N. I had hoped to finish that work during the summer, but life got in the way. Now I'm scrambling to wrap things up. I'll be speaking at ApacheCon US 2009 in November on the topic of What's New in Roller 5.0, so I'd really like to have a 5.0 release candidate ready by then.

Just as a reminder, here's what's currently on the 5.0 feature list:

Media Blogging Support Externalizable User Management OpenID Support Tag Data API OpenSearch OAuth for AtomPub see also -> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/9aQB

Except for Media Blogging, all of those features are complete. My plan is this. I'll do some more cleanup work on Media Blogging, which is the major new feature in 5.0, then, I'll address the issues below:

ROL-1808 : Mention getRequestParamter() limitation in Template Guide ROL-1760 : Scheduled tasks do not run on Oracle (or other DBs with high precision timestamps) ROL-1724 : Bug in trunk AuthoritiesPopulator.java ROL-1304 : Set frontpage blog in Roller install page see also -> http://bit.ly/46w2ky

Once I'm done with those, I'll cut an RC because those issues above are the only issues marked to be fixed for 5.0.

I went through the issues and removed the fix-for 5.0 designation from all issues that have no person assigned to fix them. If there are other issues that you would like to have fixed in 5.0, or new features, then you are welcome to submit patches, volunteer to fix them and we can get them back on the list.

Any comments or concerns about this?