atom feed1 message in com.marklogic.developer.general[MarkLogic Dev General] MarkLogic err...
FromSent OnAttachments
amit gopeSep 4, 2017 5:05 am
Subject:[MarkLogic Dev General] MarkLogic error log missing from one node in cluster
From:amit gope (amit@gmail.com)
Date:Sep 4, 2017 5:05:45 am
List:com.marklogic.developer.general

Hi Team,

We have a three node ML setup in a cluster and found that the UI environment became unresponsive. And upon analysis we found that for one node there were around 100 threads pending and the CPU utilization for the node was 98.9 %. And the other two nodes had the following errors logged:

2017-09-01 00:27:02.573 Error: PerfMeterTask::run: SVC-EXTIME: Time limit exceeded 2017-09-01 01:01:01.783 Error: UsageMeterTask::run: SVC-EXTIME: Time limit exceeded

So we restarted the ML servers around 10 AM IST and UI started working again. We don't have the errorlog from 12:00 AM till 10 AM . Just wondering when we restarted the system, there was no logs for node 1 during this time. And the logs were present for the other two nodes. Please suggest what would have gone wrong.

And just in case if node 1 was down, what would be the entry in the error log for such a scenario.

Regards Amit