atom feed9 messages in net.sunsource.gridengine.usersRE: [GE users] [GE announce] Announci...
FromSent OnAttachments
olesenApr 24, 2009 3:50 am
rems0Apr 27, 2009 6:30 am
olesenApr 27, 2009 6:48 am
rems0Apr 27, 2009 8:00 am
rems0Apr 27, 2009 8:07 am
olesenApr 27, 2009 8:44 am
rems0Apr 27, 2009 9:06 am
olesenApr 28, 2009 12:06 am
olesenApr 28, 2009 5:01 am
Subject:RE: [GE users] [GE announce] Announcing qlicserver (FlexLM / GridEngine integration) upgrade
From:olesen (Mark@emconTechnologies.com)
Date:Apr 27, 2009 6:48:06 am
List:net.sunsource.gridengine.users

Many thanks for your new version of qlicserver!

We have been using qlicserver-1.26 for a long time, and I'm trying to switch to this last one, but I get the following error:

/opt/qlicserver-20090421 # ./qlicserver -n Can't use string ("24164760") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at ./qlicserver line 799.

My first guess might be that you've reuse your old configuration hash in the new code?

The string "24164760" is always a different number. Do you know what could be happening here?

Otherwise it looks (from the line number) that something is going wrong in the my $juggle = sub { ... } segment (assuming that you have the unaltered code). Does this number (24164760) correspond approximately to your current job ids?

I tried also with "./qlicserver -n debug" but got no more output than without "debug".

Unfortunately, the debug output occurs after the mungeLicense, which is where I assume that something is going wrong.

I still don't have a limits.config file or directory, is it needed at all?

No, if the file or directory doesn't exist - they'll be skipped.

This all is on openSUSE 11.1 with GE 6.2u1. Do you need more info?

I have it running on both GE 6.1u3, 6.2 (no update) in combinations SuSE 10.2, 10.3 and 11.1, so that probably isn't the problem.

I assume that the xml output hasn't changed much in the update version, and even if it had, I'd expect the job-ids would simply be ignored.

Do you have access to another machine (with a different Perl version) and see if it's related to that?

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

------------------------------------------------------ http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=183751

[user@gridengine.sunsource.net].