atom feed4 messages in org.samba.lists.sambaLicense manager
FromSent OnAttachments
Carey F. CoxApr 28, 1999 1:27 pm
Kalle KiviahoApr 28, 1999 1:45 pm
Janet DicksonApr 29, 1999 7:51 am
Carey F. CoxApr 30, 1999 7:51 pm
Subject:License manager
From:Janet Dickson (jan@bioss.sari.ac.uk)
Date:Apr 29, 1999 7:51:20 am
List:org.samba.lists.samba

Has anyone successfully incorporated a Win95 app that uses FlexLM license manager on a Samba file system. I would be extremely interested in talking with you as we are trying to install Parametric Technology's ProEngineer on our Samba file server. We do have a copy of the Unix version of the license manager, but I am not sure how I can get the Win95 client to talk to it.

Hi Carey

Yes, I have a statistical package Genstat for Windows which requires FlexLM licence management. The software is in a share on the Samba fileserver which gets mounted as directory G: In autoexec.bat (Win95) there is a line :

set LM_LICENSE_FILE=g:\gen541\license\license.dat

The file license.dat on the server is a symbolic link to my UNIX FlexLM licence file which contains licence keys for both UNIX and Windows.

Janet