atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] Authtest error message
FromSent OnAttachments
Carlos LopezJun 27, 2009 8:50 pm
Sam VarshavchikJun 28, 2009 7:32 am
Subject:[courier-users] Authtest error message
From:Carlos Lopez (the_@yahoo.com)
Date:Jun 27, 2009 8:50:19 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Hi all,

I've been using courier since many years ago on a company I used to worked for,
now I switch to another one and againg I am deploying open source based software
in order to keep my IT budget low. Now I use courier-mta-0.62.0-1.

The problem I have is that I am getting strange errors when issuing the authtest
command like:

authtest test_user old_pass new_pass

Authentication FAILED: Invalid Operation

On my mysql DB generally I have usernames without the @company.com , but if I
add the "@company.com" to the userID like test@company.com and then issue
the command:

authtest test@company.com old_pass new_pass

Operation SUCCEED.

Which means that It changed the password on a sha512 hashing style.

My question is, What to do in order to perform the authtest command and be able
to change password users' with/without the "@company.com" ?

Thanks in advance. Thanks Sam Varshavchik and to all of you for this great tool.

Carlos.