atom feed22 messages in net.java.dev.glassfish.devRe: Running glassfish in foreground?
FromSent OnAttachments
Kohsuke KawaguchiJul 27, 2006 2:08 pm
Scott OaksJul 27, 2006 2:14 pm
Cheng FangJul 27, 2006 2:17 pm
Jan LueheJul 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Sreenivas MunnangiJul 27, 2006 3:11 pm
Mark BaslerJul 27, 2006 3:24 pm
Jan LueheJul 27, 2006 3:30 pm
Mark BaslerJul 27, 2006 3:30 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiJul 27, 2006 3:36 pm
Mark BaslerJul 27, 2006 3:38 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiJul 27, 2006 4:31 pm
Mark BaslerJul 27, 2006 4:36 pm
Kedar MhaswadeJul 27, 2006 4:38 pm
Byron NevinsJul 27, 2006 4:54 pm
Jim DriscollJul 28, 2006 8:35 am
Sameer TyagiJul 28, 2006 11:59 am
Kedar MhaswadeJul 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Jan LueheFeb 13, 2009 1:48 pm
Jeanfrancois ArcandFeb 13, 2009 1:54 pm
Hong ZhangFeb 14, 2009 10:22 am
Wolfram RittmeyerFeb 15, 2009 5:36 am
Rajiv MordaniFeb 17, 2009 10:42 am
Subject:Re: Running glassfish in foreground?
From:Mark Basler (Mark@Sun.COM)
Date:Jul 27, 2006 4:36:02 pm
List:net.java.dev.glassfish.dev

Hi Kohsuke,

After you start the appserver with "asadmin start-domain --verbose", we print the java command to start the appserver's jvm in the log. If you just cut and paste this command to a script file and run it, I believe this will do the trick. Will this satisfy your need?

Please let me know...

Hope this helps - Mark

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

Cheng Fang wrote:

asadmin start-domain --verbose asadmin help start-domain

--verbose By default this flag is set to false. If set to true, detailed server startup output is displayed. On Windows, press CTRL-Break in the domain's window to print a thread dump. On UNIX, press CTRL-C to kill the server and press CTRL-\ to print a thread dump.

Ah, this is little better. On Windows, is there anyway to shut down a server started like this gracefully? If I Ctrl-C, it kills the batch file but the rest keeps running, and I need to manually "asadmin stop-domain".

Also, I noticed that when I do "start-domain --verbose", it creates two cmd.exe processes (for two batch files), and three Java processes. I was hoping to just see one Java process, so that I can kill it with Ctrl+C (or Process.destroy() from Java) and be done with it.

I'm curious why this many processes are necessary. Sorry to keep using Tomcat as a comparison, but when I do "catalina.bat run", I only see one cmd.exe and one Java process (and when I invoke it from Java, I can recreate the batch file, so all I need to launch is another Java process.)