I've gotten requests from several people for the 'current' DITA 1.1 DTDs. A
complete prototype does not exist, but I have managed to pull together most
of the new features. I'd invite anybody who is interested to try these out,
particularly if your favorite feature is already completed, or if you want
to start playing around with DITA 1.1.
At this point the following features have been included:
* Bug fixes marked complete at
* Revised shortdesc and abstract elements
* New indexing elements (all 3 proposals)
* Graphic Scaling improvements
* Make universal attributes universal
* New <data> element (mostly complete)
* New <unknown> element (mostly complete)
All new files have been added to the included catalogs.
The following items need to be completed:
* Extensible metadata attributes
* Complete data and unknown elements
* Add outputclass to map elements, if approved
* Translation retrofit (some preparatory work already done)
* General cleanup (change versions, copyright dates, etc)
* The bookmap and glossary specializations are not included.