atom feed2 messages in org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-devRe: [DISCUSS/PROPOSAL] CCC13 Hackfest...
FromSent OnAttachments
John BurwellJul 8, 2013 11:46 am
Daan HooglandJul 9, 2013 12:29 am
Subject:Re: [DISCUSS/PROPOSAL] CCC13 Hackfest: Storage Architecture Summary
From:Daan Hoogland (daan@gmail.com)
Date:Jul 9, 2013 12:29:14 am
List:org.apache.incubator.cloudstack-dev

Thanks John,

I am still studying on it but most is adequately describing our session.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM, John Burwell <jbur@basho.com> wrote:

5. Backup/Storage Snapshots: Support transfer of storage snapshots from device to device (e.g. from a SAN to an object store). Dependent on the flexibility of the streamlined storage driver enhancements, this capability may be able to implemented completely in the orchestration layer. If the Storage/Hypervisor Decoupling work does not split the notions of storage and hypervisor snapshots, this enhancement would likely require it.

I do not understand the last half sentence you write here. Does this enhancement need the decoupling or an unsplit notion of storage and hypervisor snapshots? I would think both but the start of the sentence with 'if' confuses me.

Does, 'We must make sure that the Storage/Hypervisor Decoupling work does not split the notions of storage and hypervisor snapshots, as this enhancement would likely require it.', describe what you mean?

regards, Daan