atom feed1 message in com.googlegroups.is-something-brokenPicasa will not open, help !
FromSent OnAttachments
TWJEWELLFeb 24, 2008 12:31 pm
Subject:Picasa will not open, help !
From:TWJEWELL ()
Date:Feb 24, 2008 12:31:49 pm
List:com.googlegroups.is-something-broken

Yesterday, Picasa detected corrupt files and it would not open. I did as Picasa directed:

1. Open "My Computer" on your computer. 2. Double-click your C:\ drive. 3. Double-click "Program Files". 4. Double-click the "Picasa 2" folder.

Look for a file called PicasaBadFile.txt (or just PicasaBadFile). Open it in Notepad and the locations of any bad photo or movie files will appear. All you should need to do is delete or move these files so Picasa does not scan them. This should fix the problem.

I deleted two files and Picasa still will not open.I double click to open and the hour glass appears then nothing -Picasa will not open.

I tried the next option:

Launch Picasa. Quickly, press Alt + T. This will open the "Tools" menu. Press Alt + O (O like Oscar). This will open the "Picasa Options" menu. Click the "File Types" tab. Uncheck all listed file types. Click "OK".