atom feed4 messages in org.wso2.carbon-devRe: [Carbon-dev] How to update claims...
FromSent OnAttachments
James McLaughlinAug 29, 2011 12:55 pm
James McLaughlinAug 30, 2011 5:11 pm
Asela PathberiyaAug 30, 2011 8:50 pm
James McLaughlinAug 31, 2011 4:29 pm
Subject:Re: [Carbon-dev] How to update claims calling the ClaimManagementService remotely?
From:Asela Pathberiya (ase@wso2.com)
Date:Aug 30, 2011 8:50:08 pm
List:org.wso2.carbon-dev

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM, James McLaughlin < ji@stonewatercontrols.com> wrote:

Hello, We are using the User Management facilities in the ESB (3.0.1) to provide authentication and user administration for a remote client application. Adding and Authenticating users works no problem, and we are able to add claims when we add a User, but we are having some issues managing claims. How do we go about Adding, Updating and Deleting claims for a particular User after that User has been created? There doesn't seem to be an API supporting these operations in the ClaimManagementService.

There is a API for this, called "UserProfileMgtService" in Identity user profiles feature. This feature is not shipped with ESB by default and You need to install it using feature manager which can be found in ESB UI. Here you need to point to the p2 repository [1] and install 3.0.1 Identity User Profiles Feature.

[1] http://dist.wso2.org/p2/carbon/releases/3.0.0/

Thanks in advance,