atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] How can I tell wh...
FromSent OnAttachments
Lloyd ZusmanAug 30, 2004 6:43 pm
Sam VarshavchikAug 31, 2004 4:17 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] How can I tell which Received-SPF headers are not Courier's?
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Aug 31, 2004 4:17:10 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Lloyd Zusman writes:

Given that Courier's SPF processing can add a variable number of 'Received-SPF' headers to a message (because of 'mailfromok' and because of possible changes in the 'bofh' file), how can I tell which 'Received-SPF' headers come from my current Courier processing, and which ones come from another source?

I know that Courier's 'Received-SPF' headers are guaranteed to come before any others in the message, but given the variable number of such headers that can be added by Courier, this is still not enough information for me to determine if any of these headers were not inserted by Courier.

Unless you use mailfromok, you know exactly how many Received-SPF: headers will be generated by Courier. If you use mailfromok you need to look at the second Received-SPF: header, and unless it indicates 'pass', you look for the third one.