atom feed5 messages in com.googlegroups.google-calendar-help-howtoHow to Delete Multiple Events Google ...
FromSent OnAttachments
SoleBlazeMay 22, 2006 12:53 pm
ItsTheLawMay 22, 2006 1:33 pm
AndyPMay 23, 2006 5:30 am
bkdelongMay 23, 2006 6:38 am
HomacMay 24, 2006 5:19 am
Subject:How to Delete Multiple Events Google Calendar
From:Homac ()
Date:May 24, 2006 5:19:27 am
List:com.googlegroups.google-calendar-help-howto

This must be one of the best documented frustrations/glitches in gCal!

Shown below, are several prior threads on this topic - repeated here for convenience to consolidate/update similar posts.

I came across this helpful nugget in another thread: "Another great suggestion. I don't think Google developers read this newsgroup, so submit your feedback to: http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/request.py "

I too, am hung up by this impractical, clumsy obstacle. I still am. gCal is a great concept - but worthless to me without basic improvements. It appears nothing has changed in this beta version, so back to lurk mode i go.

Multiple deletions From: Homac - Date: Wed, Apr 19 2006 10:53 pm

Am I nuts? Is there really no easy way to delete multiple entries??? Arrrrgggggh...

Reply From: danwarne Date: Sat, Apr 22 2006 11:07 pm

Yeah, it seems that way to me too. I imported my Outlook calendar which

had a daily recurring appointment. However, due to the limitation of the export/import process, they were entered into the Google Calendar as multiple single events. I'd like to be able to delete the singles and set up a proper recurring

event, but I can't find a way! The obvious way to do it would be to search for the events (easy since they have a consistent name) and then have a 'select all' toggle and an

action button or dropdown to delete them. Google could take it a step further and make it like the GMail interface where multiple events can be identified and grouped like email 'conversations' in Gmail for even easier management. Though of course there are far less consistent attributes in calendar events than

email from which to identify similar items. http://groups.google.com/group/google-calendar-help-howto/browse_thre...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Hotel Gooooooogle... From: Homac Date: Fri, Apr 28 2006 6:47 am

Easy to add dates, virtually impossible to remove unnecessary entries imported from Outllook CSV. I just don't get it - like gmail, the concept is so strong but the nuisance factor repels me from ever committing to the product. Too clever by omission is simple arrogance in this case. My schedule changes constantly, and since gcal will not change with me, i am done trying to force the issue with this beta version. Not evil. Just arrogant.

http://groups.google.com/group/google-calendar-help-howto/browse_thre...

Also this: http://groups.google.com/group/google-calendar-help-howto/browse_thre...