atom feed1 message in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] configuration question.
FromSent OnAttachments
nadimSep 17, 2002 3:16 pm
Subject:[courier-users] configuration question.
From:nadim (nad@khemir.net)
Date:Sep 17, 2002 3:16:02 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Hi, just installed Courier imap and I have an unknown problem.

Please do not hesitate to ask for more details

Running RH7.3 Running latest openSSL Running Qmail, unpatched

The mail server has be running fine for a week or so. I want to access the imap server through ssl.

I use Kmail as a MUA. I normally read from .Qmail directory but I changed that to a more standard ./Maildir and it tested fine.

I remove the maildir receiver and setup an imap receiver. I mailed to myself but nothing show up.

running nmap on port 993 shows:

Warning: You are not root -- using TCP pingscan rather than ICMP Interesting ports on (192.168.1.3): Port State Service 993/tcp open imaps <<<<

my first guess is that I haven't configured any authentification mode?!? I don't know if that must be done and even less how.

I had a look at imapd-ssl scrip, it uses $AUTHMODULES which is empty.

Since I am lost, any direction is good.

PS. where is imapd log?