atom feed5 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] Problem building ...
FromSent OnAttachments
AlfredFeb 18, 2006 12:39 am
Kai KrakowFeb 18, 2006 2:31 am
AlfredFeb 18, 2006 5:16 am
AlfredFeb 18, 2006 5:32 am
Sam VarshavchikFeb 18, 2006 5:40 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] Problem building Courier on FC5
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Feb 18, 2006 5:40:10 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Alfred writes:

Additional info !!

I did check the RAM, CPU and SWAP usage during compile. Everything went normal until esmtpclient.c !!!!!

While compiling esmtpclient.c : CPU between 25 and 99% RAM 100% usage : 512MB SWAP 100% usage : 512 MB

After 2 minutes in this state : fatal error.

I will increase the SWAP (and RAM if I can find some) and keep you informed.

Nobody here can help you. This is an obvious bug in gcc.

Alf.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alfred" <alf@consulab.nl> To: <cour@lists.sourceforge.net> Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:15 PM Subject: Re: [courier-users] Problem building Courier on FC5

Guys,

Thanks for your replies !

Compiling a kernel has never resulted in an error like this and also other heavy stuff (like the FC5 package of OpenLDAP) compiles without problems.

But hey, I will give the hardware a good look (and test) and see if something is wrong.

Please feel free to give more advise as the problem is not only detected by me (see post of a couple of month ago about problems on FC4) and compiling esmtpclient.c has always caused some problems on my Fedora computers (computers of different manufacturers, different hardware and different versions of Fedora).

Thanks in advance, Alfred.