|Subject:||Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 27|28 2005|
|Date:||Jun 28, 2005 1:45:38 pm|
MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING 00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 28 JUNE 2005
Jon Bosak (chair) Micah Dubinko Stephen Green G. Ken Holman Tim McGrath Kumar Sivaraman Sylvia Webb
ADMINISTRIVIA: PHONE CONFERENCES
Subject: How we're going to handle ad hoc scheduling of the UBL conference bridge.
TimM: Beginning next week, both the procurement and the transport discussions will be regularly scheduled.
AGREED that KenH will wait to see that schedule and then work the SC calls around it.
AGREED that in general, an unscheduled time slot for the primary conference bridge will belong to the first group that announces its intention to use the slot on the ubl mail list, and that in case another group then needs to schedule a call for the same slot, they will contact JonB to arrange use of the secondary conference bridge.
Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)
SylviaW: No dates yet for the CEFACT forum March 2006.
Liaison report: ebXML Asia Committee
TimM: ThomasL reports that the eAC CC Task Group have asked for closer cooperation with UBL in the future.
JonB: We would welcome a closer working relationship with eAC and await further details from Thomas.
Subcommittee report: HISC
KenH: The SC is taking a short break while MicahD awaits results of a last call to vendors for comments on the draft input specs. ZarellaR and KenH have looked at the UNLK and will discuss their findings in a call 12|13 July. The discovery of a published UNLK layout grid is expected to help the project. KenH has been attempting to arrange a phone call with MichaelD, so far without success. We have sent JonB the projected UBL 2.0 HISC schedule for inclusion in the schedule spreadsheet. The SC believes that the UBL 2.0 schedule is reasonable if sufficient expertise can be found to help explain UNLK mapping issues. A request has been made to the ubl-dev list for volunteers to help with the mapping and for sample UNLK forms on paper.
TimM: Will send some. (We note that Ken's postal address can be found appended to any of his postings.)
Subcommittee report: SBSC
We note that (as previously announced) comments are due in to the SBSC by 4 July and final approval has been scheduled for the Atlantic TC meeting 13 July.
JonB: Personally, I'm inclined to trust the SBSC on this; if I don't get a chance to review the proposed SBS, I'll vote to approve it anyway. But other people who have concerns should take a look now so that we don't run into any problems when we try to approve the package.
StephenG: Have produced a set of example SBS instances and put out a request to the ubl and ubl-dev lists for more. Also interested in getting implementation guidelines from the Tax XML TC to see what's required for different tax environments.
TimM (Referring to "ACTION: TimM to discuss the request for example instances with Saito-san in the Eurasia call"): MikkelB said he would ask BryanR to create some invoice examples.
StephenG: Invoice is the most important one, so that would be very useful. Have sent a request to BryanR.
StephenG: We could use the UBL 2.0 SBS examples as the UBL 2.0 examples; the examples could evolve into that as we receive input.
JonB: And we could use the accompanying descriptive prose in the UBL 2.0 release as well; see the 1.0 package. But the SBS examples and prose would have to come first in order to maintain the 2.0 schedules.
AGREED that StephenG will update the UBL 1.0 example scenarios for UBL 2.0.
ACTION: StephenG to provide an SBS timeline for the UBL 2.0 schedule.
Subcommittee report: SSC
StephenG: Met this week; changes have gone to DavidK for updates to the schema generator. We're hoping that he can implement these before he goes on holiday. Note that we can't guarantee that changes resulting from the upcoming decisions about the Reusable architecture will be reflected in the spreadsheet I/O. There may be a lag in implementation.
JonB: So it's possible that not all the changes decided on by August in Ottawa can be implemented in time for the first schemas in September. But note that this is not a showstopper as long as everthing is in place for the final schema generation in October.
ACTION: SylviaW to find out where we stand with incorporating the spreadsheet changes [after Wednesday's discussion] and report back in the 12 July Pacific call.
StephenG: The SSC probably won't meet this week, as DavidK is unavailable.
Team report: Transport
TimM: The group did not meet last week due to the ebXML Asia meeting. DTTN and CrimsonLogic held an F2F, and the brief report from ThomasL is positive. The group will meet Thursday. We now have a complete DTTN model, and TimM is comparing it with the CO model. Simplifying DTTN looks achievable. Example: the DTTN model has 13 varieties of line item, depending on the document; we're trying to distil it down into one line item with others as customizable extensions, so that the resulting model is both manageable and generic.
Team report: Procurement
TimM: We were supposed to have completed the extended procurement model at a meeting last week, but we're still unable to come to a consensus regarding terminology. This could be resolved by adopting the TBG1 terminology contained in the document posted by Jean-Luc Champion last year, which is of excellent quality and contains just the sort of generic model for Invoice and Credit Note that this group is looking for. The position paper developed by the procurement group has been edited to incorporate the TBG1 terminology and is being circulated in hopes that this can be resolved in the conference call Friday.
Review of Eurasia and Atlantic TC minutes
TimM: Won't be able to attend the Atlantic call discusson of Reusable this week, but have sent some thoughts to the list.
JonB: We should review Tim's message in preparing for the discussion Wednesday.
We note that our rules (Oxford English) require the spelling "catalogue" rather than "catalog."
AGREED that the ITSC call for workshop participation should go to ubl, ubl-dev, ebxml-dev, and the procurement and transport teams.
REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS FROM LAST WEEK
PENDING ACTION: JonB to schedule a discussion of CCTS compliance that will include MarkC and MichaelD.
Status: This is waiting MarkC's return from vacation. The question (which arose out of email) is: in what way is 1.0 not CCTS compliant, and how can we ensure that 2.0 is compliant? Issues include ACCs and CC types.
TimM: This may have been [or may be] overtaken by the UN/UBL and Reusable architecture discussions; perhaps we should constitute a CCTS Compliance Review team.
JonB: Let's pick this up when we meet again week after next.
PENDING ACTION: TimM to contact BettyH to arrange a return of the issues list to her care as soon as it has reached a stage where this is possible.
TimM: PeterB and I have not had time to do anyting with the issues list.
We note that other work is causing BettyH to switch participation from the Pacific to the Atlantic calls while StephenG will be participating exclusively in the Pacific calls.
AGREED that we will switch maintenance of the content issues list from BettyH to StephenG in order to keep the work in the Pacific call.
SylviaW: BettyH was also going to be responsible for maintaining the EF models, so we'll need to revisit that part.
PENDING ACTION: TimM and SylviaW to create a one-page briefing for input to next week's Tax XML TC meeting.
TimM: There is willingness on both sides to collaborate, but resources remain to be seen. We will certainly get future participation on conference calls and will invite participation by European tax experts in the Eurasia calls, starting next week.
StephenG: The SBS provides a good basis for the taxation implementation guidelines we hope to get from the Tax XML TC.
SylviaW: They will need the model in a non-schema form.
AGREED that the work on taxation IGs will be based on spreadsheets in which the rows not used in the SBS have been omitted.
ACTION: To schedule the preparation of spreadsheets for Tax XML after we see the outcome of the Tax XML TC meeting this week.
ACTION: SylviaW to produce a row on "Tax XML TC collaboration" for inclusion in the UBL 2.0 schedule before the Pacific call 11|12 July.
PENDING ACTION: SylviaW to find out where we stand with payment terms and payment means, TimM to respond to Oriol.
SylviaW: Have started on this and will finish this week.
We've about had it with spam on the ubl-comment list. Kavi not only continues to accept this junk; it will not even allow people to unsubscribe.
ACTION: JonB to get OASIS to finally do something about spam on the ubl-comment list.
ACTION: JonB to request a link to the SBSC page from the TC page.
TimM: Since we need to update the issues list before we can continue, we will pick this up in the next Pacific call (11|12 July 2005).