Using Steve's latest package set from bento:/a/steve/4.3-RC1/i386/disc1
on the updated 4.3-RC3 ISO image, the pkg_add of kdesupport-2.1 aborts
with an error code of 1 and no diagnostic messages to speak of (feh).
This obviously breaks the KDE desktop installation. I know this
is painfully little information to go on, but any ideas from the package
building folks? Thanks!
I think one of the dependancies is wrong or missing. I accidently did a
pkg_delete -a port instead of a "-f" but killed it before everything was
gone. I installed 3.3.6 and tried doing a install of kde-2.1.1, which died.
I couldn't tell what was missing because it had scrolled off of the screen.
The b-deps were all there and it may be something one of them would build. I
had a messy system at that point and started up the b-deps list reinstalling
everything to fix it. I also wouldn't be surprised if it is something
everyone has installed and you wouldn't see unless you did something dumb
like I did or building from scratch like you are.
I had a bigger problem with recent builds from source requiring a simple
installation of named before I could do a simple ping through a natd+ipfw
gateway. Before that I could use my ISP's DNS servers without problem. That
stopped somewhere after 23-26 March. I have one system that hasn't been
upgraded and intend to update it and see if it occurs. I log the files
changed by cvsup and hopped there may be a clue in there or find it is
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majo...@FreeBSD.org
with "unsubscribe freebsd-qa" in the body of the message