atom feed13 messages in org.xwiki.usersRe: [xwiki-users] Printing pages as d...
FromSent OnAttachments
Mahomed HusseinMay 5, 2015 9:53 am
Mahomed HusseinMay 5, 2015 9:58 am
Mahomed HusseinMay 7, 2015 3:46 am
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)May 7, 2015 4:24 am
Mahomed HusseinMay 7, 2015 4:57 am
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)May 7, 2015 5:29 am
Mahomed HusseinMay 8, 2015 2:30 am
vinc...@massol.netMay 10, 2015 3:29 am
Mahomed HusseinMay 14, 2015 8:29 am
Clemens Klein-RobbenhaarMay 15, 2015 4:17 am
Mahomed HusseinMay 15, 2015 4:52 am
Clemens Klein-RobbenhaarMay 15, 2015 6:12 am
Mahomed HusseinMay 15, 2015 7:01 am
Subject:Re: [xwiki-users] Printing pages as displayed
From:Mahomed Hussein (Maho@CustodianDC.com)
Date:May 5, 2015 9:58:40 am
List:org.xwiki.users

Oh! I forgot to mention we are running 7.0.1 and a custom skin/theme based on
the flamingo skin.

Kind regards,

Mahomed

-----Original Message----- From: users [mailto:user@xwiki.org] On Behalf Of Mahomed Hussein Sent: 05 May 2015 17:53 To: XWiki Users Subject: [xwiki-users] Printing pages as displayed

Hi

Is there a way of printing the pages as they are displayed? Ideally printing
without the side panel, but with all the different colours/formatting as it
appears on the screen would be ideal. At the moment all colours and formatting
is stripped if you try to print directly from the page, using the print preview
option or by exporting to PDF.

I have tried an export to HTML and then using the local html file to see if that
works but it seems that whatever script/css is forcing the print formatting
still takes effect on the exported html. I have tried saving the page only
directly but it still does the same thing. I have tried Chrome. Firefox and IE.

I have also tried a google search and I have searched for print and printing on
the FAQ but there are so many results it may take a few hours to go through them
all. I suspect there’s a CSS file I need to modify somewhere (possibly
print.css?) that will format the export with the header colours etc. If so,
please could someone kindly point me at the correct documentation or provide any
tips/hints?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Mahomed