I've tried to install FreeBSD 4.6-RC2 on VMware 3.1.1 for Windows
* kern.flp boots fine, loader started.
* loader reads mfsroot.flp contents cleanly.
* kernel starts. Display USERCONFIG menu. Skip it.
* kernel detects devices.
* sysinstall starts, then "Probing devices, please wait (this can
take a while)..." dialog is shown.
* sysinstall seems to be stalled.
so I cannot install. Installing 4.5-RELEASE works fine with the same
VM configuration. What am I missing?
Note that the latest 4-stable (May/29/2002), and 4-stable as of
Apr/15/2002 also can't install.
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majo...@FreeBSD.org
with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message