atom feed3 messages in com.redhat.nahant-beta-listRe: getting tty data from console
FromSent OnAttachments
Jeff LaneOct 27, 2004 6:11 am
Brian LongOct 27, 2004 8:15 am
Jeff LaneOct 27, 2004 10:04 am
Subject:Re: getting tty data from console
From:Brian Long (bril@cisco.com)
Date:Oct 27, 2004 8:15:07 am
List:com.redhat.nahant-beta-list

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 09:11, Jeff Lane wrote:

Is there any way to get the data from the various consoles off a machine via the installer??

I believe every message sent to the 4th console is also logged to /tmp. You could copy the file from /tmp to another host for perusal. I'd really like to see an option to have anaconda syslog the messages on the 3rd and 4th console to a central syslog server for kickstart debugging purposes (when you only have a serial console and no KVM).

/Brian/