atom feed14 messages in org.oasis-open.lists.docbookDOCBOOK: problems with install on win...
FromSent OnAttachments
Schlienger, MarcOct 8, 2002 1:44 am
Bob StaytonOct 8, 2002 2:06 am
Daniel VeillardOct 8, 2002 2:24 am
Dave PawsonOct 8, 2002 10:19 am
Jirka KosekOct 8, 2002 11:21 am
Stefan Priebsch (e-novative GmbH)Oct 8, 2002 12:15 pm
Daniel VeillardOct 8, 2002 1:28 pm
Jirka KosekOct 8, 2002 1:32 pm
Daniel VeillardOct 8, 2002 2:45 pm
Dave PawsonOct 9, 2002 10:40 am
Daniel VeillardOct 9, 2002 10:52 am
Dave PawsonOct 9, 2002 11:35 am
Daniel VeillardOct 9, 2002 12:29 pm
Norman WalshOct 10, 2002 5:53 am
Subject:DOCBOOK: problems with install on windows platform
From:Schlienger, Marc (M.Sc@bjoernsen.de)
Date:Oct 8, 2002 1:44:28 am
List:org.oasis-open.lists.docbook

Hello,

I have installed the following components: - docbook xml 4.2 - docbook xsl 1.55.0 - xsltproc

and I set the XML_CATALOG_FILES env. var. as specified in the doc.

but when I run xsltproc, it cannot fetch the DTD! Is this because I'm behind a firewall? Shouldn't it look in the local file system to fetch the dtd according to the --catalog option?

this is the command:

xsltproc --catalogs c:\docbook\docbook-xsl-1.55.0\htmlhelp\htmlhelp.xsl user-manual.xml

and this is what I get as error message:

xmlNanoHTTPConnectHost: Failed to resolve host 'www.oasis-open.org'xmlNanoHTTPConnectHost: Failed to resolve host 'www.oasis-open.org'user-manual.xml:8: warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd" ]> ^

nevertheless does it generate the htmlhelp output. But without validation I presume.

Regards,

Marc Schlienger.