atom feed8 messages in org.codehaus.grails.userRe: [grails-user] Grails iPhone Support?
FromSent OnAttachments
Robert FischerSep 29, 2008 8:13 am
Jozef DransfieldSep 29, 2008 8:29 am
Robert FischerSep 29, 2008 8:32 am
Sebastian EschSep 29, 2008 9:30 am
Robert FischerSep 29, 2008 9:41 am
Sebastian EschSep 29, 2008 10:39 pm
twilliamsDec 30, 2008 4:43 pm
Dave KleinDec 30, 2008 5:02 pm
Subject:Re: [grails-user] Grails iPhone Support?
From:Sebastian Esch (
Date:Sep 29, 2008 9:30:12 am

Hi Robert,

take a look at this:

Mastering Grails: Grails and the mobile Web

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Robert Fischer <> wrote:

No, I was thinking of leveraging the web browser, but I wanted to map the iPhone
user agent onto its own set of views -- the screen is simply too small to handle
all the content my app dumps.

~~ Robert.

Jozef Dransfield wrote:

Do you mean a native app? if so:

I found REST with XML to be pretty effective. You can use the [NSXMLParser
initWithURL:@"..."] (or something like that) to fetch the contents of rest call
and HTTP simple authentication to authenticate users.

2008/9/29 Robert Fischer <

Anyone have tips on how to best integrate iPhone support into a Grails app?

~~ Robert.