atom feed151 messages in org.w3.public-lodRe: Is 303 really necessary?
FromSent OnAttachments
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 6:21 am
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 7:13 am
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 7:22 am
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 7:59 am
Giovanni TummarelloNov 4, 2010 8:20 am
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 8:22 am
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 8:27 am
Leigh DoddsNov 4, 2010 8:38 am
William WaitesNov 4, 2010 8:43 am
Giovanni TummarelloNov 4, 2010 8:50 am
Leigh DoddsNov 4, 2010 8:53 am
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 8:55 am
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 8:57 am
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 9:06 am
Bradley AllenNov 4, 2010 9:06 am
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 9:10 am
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 9:13 am
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 9:16 am
bill...@planet.nlNov 4, 2010 9:20 am
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 9:22 am
Bradley AllenNov 4, 2010 9:25 am
Harry HalpinNov 4, 2010 9:33 am
Robin YANGNov 4, 2010 9:51 am
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 9:54 am
David WoodNov 4, 2010 9:56 am
Mike KellyNov 4, 2010 10:12 am
Ian DavisNov 4, 2010 10:13 am
Patrick DurusauNov 4, 2010 10:17 am
David WoodNov 4, 2010 10:24 am
Patrick DurusauNov 4, 2010 10:36 am
NathanNov 4, 2010 10:51 am
Kingsley IdehenNov 4, 2010 11:06 am
NathanNov 4, 2010 11:07 am
118 later messages
Subject:Re: Is 303 really necessary?
From:Leigh Dodds (leig@talis.com)
Date:Nov 4, 2010 8:38:19 am
List:org.w3.public-lod

Hi,

On 4 November 2010 15:21, Giovanni Tummarello <giov@deri.org> wrote:

..but a number of social community mechanisms will activate if you bring this up, ranging from russian style "you're being antipatriotic criticizing the existing status quo " to "..but its so deployed now" and ".. you're distracting the community from other more important issues ", none of this will make sense if analized by proper logical means of course (e.g. by a proper IT manager in a proper company, paid based on actual results).

It'd be pretty unfortunate for us as a community if we couldn't continually test our assumptions about technology and best practices, especially in light of experience taking these technologies to a wider audience. I don't think we're at that stage yet though :)

But the core of the matter really is : who cares.

If that's true then simpler approaches to publishing data should be not just embraced, but actively promoted and encouraged.

It's great to see spread of RDFa, but I don't see that as a complete answer.

Cheers,

L.