atom feed8 messages in org.haskell.cabal-develRe: error with package ghc-6.10.1 and...
FromSent OnAttachments
allanNov 21, 2008 7:41 am
Duncan CouttsNov 22, 2008 9:50 am
allanNov 24, 2008 1:53 am
Thomas SchillingNov 24, 2008 12:04 pm
Duncan CouttsNov 25, 2008 1:26 am
allanNov 25, 2008 2:20 am
Thomas SchillingNov 25, 2008 8:59 am
allanNov 25, 2008 9:45 am
Subject:Re: error with package ghc-6.10.1 and its dependency on process-1.0.1.[01]
From:allan (a.d.@ed.ac.uk)
Date:Nov 25, 2008 9:45:19 am
List:org.haskell.cabal-devel

Hi Thomas

Sorry, I have *just* this second finished doing a re-install. Basically I deleted my local lib directory and my ~/.ghc directory. I then did a re-install of 'ghc 6.10.1' The good news is everything worked as it should. I've now got the latest haddock installed and cabal-install is working exactly
as it should. The bad news is of course I now have no way of providing you with extra
debugging information.

I did however not completely delete my old ~/.ghc directory but move it out of
the way. So is it possible I could do a similar thing with --package-db. Here's a transcript (note the directory is ~/.ghc.bck):