atom feed10 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.jython-usersRe: [Jython-users] 2.5rc2, cygwin, an...
FromSent OnAttachments
Moss PrescottMay 13, 2009 11:40 am
Weiqi GaoMay 13, 2009 12:55 pm
Weiqi GaoMay 13, 2009 1:53 pm
Moss PrescottMay 13, 2009 4:40 pm
Nicholas RileyMay 15, 2009 12:09 pm
Weiqi GaoMay 15, 2009 1:02 pm
Nicholas RileyMay 15, 2009 1:32 pm
Philip JenveyMay 15, 2009 6:57 pm
Weiqi GaoMay 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Philip JenveyMay 15, 2009 10:15 pm
Subject:Re: [Jython-users] 2.5rc2, cygwin, and JLine
From:Weiqi Gao (weiq@speakeasy.net)
Date:May 15, 2009 8:08:50 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.jython-users

Philip Jenvey wrote:

On May 15, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Nicholas Riley wrote:

In article <4A0D@speakeasy.net>, Weiqi Gao <weiq@speakeasy.net> wrote:

Here's what works for Cygwin users:

1. Use a DOS prompt and forget about the headaches of Cygwin. 2. Use Cygwin bash in a DOS window: jython.bat works there. 3. Use Cygwin xterm/rxvt/etc. with the modified jython script for interactive session and jython.bat (or unmodified jython) for non-interactive usage.

The ultimate solution of this problem would require two things:

1. Fix JLine so that it works with Cygwin xterm/rxvt/etc. 2. Fix Jython so that it uses the correct JLine Terminal under Cygwin.

I was thinking #2 would make sense. I think it's reasonable to ship some analog to your shell script with the stty/JLine stuff conditionalized to cygwin, as I'd guess the interactive usage scenario is a lot more common.

I've committed a fix for #2. It's basically Weiqi's changes but mostly stolen from JRuby as our script derives from there's (and we try to keep the two in sync):

http://fisheye3.atlassian.com/changelog/jython?cs=6351

Weiqi and other cygwin users, could you download the new jython command line script and give it a shot?

https://jython.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jython/trunk/jython/src/shell/jython

You'll still need the jython -i workaround for the prompt/isatty issue. You can also make that happen via JYTHON_OPTS="-i"

It works as advertised on my Cygwin xterm, Cygwin bash in a CMD window, Cygwin rxvt[*], and Cygwin MinTTY. The Arrow keys, Home, End, C-a/C-e, C-f/C-b, C-n/C-p all work as expected.

[*] The Home/End keys does not work under rxvt.

I still see the stty error messages when doing

echo "print 10" | jython

Redirecting the the error messages to /dev/null should fix that.

Thanks, Philip!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Crystal Reports - New Free Runtime and 30 Day Trial Check out the new simplified licensing option that enables unlimited royalty-free distribution of the report engine for externally facing server and web deployment. http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects