atom feed3 messages in org.oasis-open.lists.docbookRe: DOCBOOK: What is included in a <s...
FromSent OnAttachments
Tom OlsenOct 15, 2002 12:55 pm
Bob StaytonOct 15, 2002 1:29 pm
Robert McIlvrideOct 16, 2002 5:01 am
Subject:Re: DOCBOOK: What is included in a <set>?
From:Robert McIlvride (rob@cogent.ca)
Date:Oct 16, 2002 5:01:27 am
List:org.oasis-open.lists.docbook

Hi Tom,

In answer to your question about linking between books in a set, we do the same thing you are considering, so that we can use <link>s between books. If you want to get some ideas (particularly if you are using SGML), you are welcome to look at our in-house documentation, specifically these pages.

Top-level organization of the set: http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-specialorganization.html#PD-BOOKSET

A wrapper file for a particular book: http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-mainsgmlfile.html (This lets us produce individual books and also lets us include them in the set.)

A couple of perl scripts for creating set-level and book-level indexes: http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-collateall.html http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-collateindexpl.html (The second is an adaptation of Norm Walsh's collateindex.pl)

Good luck, and have fun!

Bob