atom feed3 messages in org.postgresql.pgsql-admin[ADMIN] High availability with Postgres
FromSent OnAttachments
Elior SolimanJun 20, 2010 9:36 am
Alex HunsakerJun 21, 2010 12:05 pm
Greg SpiegelbergJun 22, 2010 9:41 pm
Subject:[ADMIN] High availability with Postgres
From:Elior Soliman (elio@correlix.com)
Date:Jun 20, 2010 9:36:05 am
List:org.postgresql.pgsql-admin

Hello,

My company looking for some solution for High availability with Postgres.

Our optional solution is as follows : Two DB servers will be using a common external storage (with raid). Both servers are going to use the same DB files on the storage (as active/passive)

Now I'm trying to understand how Postgres can work with this configuration. I.e :

DB_server1 crashed, so we want to start DB_server2 using same files. Is it possible ?

Regards, Elior