atom feed1 message in org.apache.hc.httpclient-usersRe: Proxy chaining
FromSent OnAttachments
arcivanovJun 18, 2014 10:14 am
Subject:Re: Proxy chaining
From:arcivanov (arca@ivanov.biz)
Date:Jun 18, 2014 10:14:36 am
List:org.apache.hc.httpclient-users

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote

On Tue, 2014-06-17 at 20:44 -0700, arcivanov wrote:

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote

Unfortunately at this point there is no way around forking HttpClient if you want to implement proxy chaining. We can however consider making it possible to replace MainClientExec with a custom implementation.

Oleg

Thanks Oleg, fair enough. Would you consider committing the below patch to improve extensibility? Criticism is, obviously, welcome. :)

httpclient.patch <http://httpcomponents.10934.n7.nabble.com/file/n23646/httpclient.patch>

- Arcadiy

Arcadiy

Could you please raise a change request in JIRA and attach the patch to it?

As far as the patch goes I would rather avoid creating additional interfaces that are unlikely to be used often. A non-final protected factory method in HttpClientBuilder should be sufficient in my opinion.

Oleg