After a two-month test cycle, v. 0.2.0--a major update--has been posted
to the Platypus project website (http://platypus.pz.org).
This release is a complete rewrite, using a new plug-in architecture
that is already accelerating product development. It uses a new
installation procedure, which is explained in the documentation. In
addition, this release contains bug fixes and a handful of new features.
New features include:
- Support for all TrueType fonts and font collections, and OpenType fonts
- Paragraph indentation from left and right sides
- Customizable column widths
- The ability to turn footers on and off
- More debugging support (when your documents don't look how you expect)
- An output plugin that generates color-coded listing of Platypus files.
Good news for Platypus users: Our development team welcomed a new
member, recently: Atul Khot. And so, we are optimistic that we can
reward your kind patience with regular addition of new features. Our
goal is to provide quarterly updates. The next release is scheduled to
contain the following features:
- URLs (with anchor text)
- color fonts
- color text
- bulleted lists
- initial support for code listings
- numerous foreign letters, mathematical symbols, and special characters
- preliminary support for HTML output
You can track our progress on these items on the feature dashboard our
our developer wiki at http://is.gd/5CGSm We actively solicit feedback
on feature selection. Let us know your needs and preferences.